Friday, November 5, 2010

A Reflection: Why Two Ears and Only One Mouth

Currently those proudly self-professing (and highly commercialized) atheistic authors are getting more attention. There is even to be a debate planned in Toronto this month (November) between former British Prime Minister Tony Blair and ‘best selling, evangelistically atheist author’ Christopher Hitchens The resolution is “Be it resolved, religion is a source for good for the world”.

These ‘best selling’ authors major claim is that you cannot scientifically prove “God” exists. Of course, no one pays any attention to: “They cannot scientifically prove non-existence” either.

Perhaps they should check out: Psalm 46:10 – “Be still, and know that I am God! I am exalted among the nations; I am exalted in the earth”. And check-out the many nuanced meanings of some of the words: ‘Still’ – without or almost without sound as in meditation; ‘Know’ – be (come) acquainted with.

Perhaps, also, they could listen to and think about Simon & Garfunkel’s Sounds of Silence – “Fools”, said I, “You do not know, silence like a cancer grows. Hear my words that I might teach you; take my arms that I might reach you.” But my words like silent rain drops fell, and echoed in the wells of silence.

While they may not have faith in God, I am of the opinion that God loves them anyway. As with many matters, Faith is what leads to understanding and belief. ~ Frank Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment