Sunday, June 5, 2011

Questions for Reflection ~

1. Acts 1:6-14: How can we as followers of Jesus today carry out his instructions to his disciples in verses 3-9?

2. 1 Peter 4:12-14, 5:6-11: What is the benefit of being humble in the presence of God's presence?

3. John 17:1-11: Jesus prays and tells God that everything he has learned from God has been passed on to his followers. What is your response to this statement?

1 comment:

  1. 1. As Spirit filled Christians it is not ours to know the "when" His Kingdom will be made manifest, but through His Word and the Holy Spirit we can know

    "How?", by bearing witness by our testimony of His love to us through the Lord Jesus. His abounding Joy, Mercy, Gentleness, Patience, Forgiveness, Justice and Peace, not only through our words but more importantly our deeds.
    "Where?" is "wherever" we are, our mission field is all around us.
    "Who?" Not only in our immediate friends, family, or work circles, but even more importantly and difficult to our enimies.
    "Why?" Of course is to bring more souls to the Lord Jesus for His Honour and Glory.
    In essence I suppose, by being His hands and feet we are helping to bring about His Kingdom as each soul that comes to Christ is one step closer to completion as it's His will that none would perish, but all would be saved. When will that day come?
    Sooner with each passing day!
    Come Lord Jesus, come.


    2. Being humble, not only in Gods presence, but in all our dealings is key. To take a know it all position in any circumstance is not only foolish but is flat out wrong. It reeks of pride and temporarily closes the door to any personal growth or learning, quite often alienating others and causing them to take offense, which has the potential to harm them on an even deeper level.
    Offense requires forgiveness.

    For me, when I take this "know it all" attitude it is usually (but not always) followed quite quickly by correction, realizing the error, being humbled. Then some growth or maturing develops. Even though speaking out against what we perceive to be wrong isn't necessarily a bad thing, taking part in a solution to the problem is a better way. Coming before the Lord, humbly confessing my shortcoming and seeking forgiveness for myself and on behalf of others, isn't ever a thing I do proudly. He knows my need before I even come, but when I do come it puts me back in alignment under His mighty hand, and His protection.
    It shows Him I'm aware of the error of my way.
    It is very powerful when we are in agreement with God.
    He alone is the only good and righteous Judge,
    He alone knows the motive of our hearts.
    Only He knows the truth.

    I pray Lord Jesus that I would offend no-one by what I say or do and that I would not so readily take offense. Amen.

    3. The Lord Jesus is aware that His hour is soon coming. He has passed the torch, so to speak, to his disciples. His time is at hand.
    My time (may I suggest our time) is also at hand.
    When I ask myself if I have done all that I could for the Lord?
    Honestly, I know I could never do enough and have fallen short in my own heart and mind.
    I do however receive much comfort in the fact that the Lord Jesus didn't fall short.
    He was able to complete what He began.
    So He will too with the work He's begun in me!
    Thank-you Lord Jesus for finishing what You start.
    You alone are faithful and worthy of all honour and glory.
    You alone are worthy of our praises.
    Praise be to God. Amen.

    Could I have articulated myself better?
    Probably!
    Will I ever be perfect?
    Not in this life!
    If we all waited 'till we were perfect before we did anything, would we ever get better?
    As with my above thoughts, It, and I am a work in progress.

    Humbly yours in Christ, neuron_h.

    ReplyDelete