Sunday, August 5, 2012


Questions for Reflection

1. John 6:24-35: In Jesus' temptation in the wilderness in Matthew's gospel, he tells the tempter that humans don't live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God. How does John's account of Jesus' feeding of the crowd and subsequent words about being the bread of life echo the notion that Jesus' words will fulfill our hunger and thirst?

2. Ephesians 4:1-16: In Ephesians the author speaks of using the gifts that Jesus passed on to his         disciples? Do you know what talents/gifts you have been given and how you use them everyday?

3. Exodus 16:2-4, 9-15: The Israelites in Exodus complain of hunger and rue the fact that they left slavery for freedom. In what ways to can you relate to being in a time of transition when you wanted to go back to the 'good ole days' because life was hard?

1 comment:

  1. A Progressive ChristianAugust 5, 2012 at 8:00 PM

    I wish that I did know what gifts/talents that I have. Instead of 'knowing', I seem to be discovering - and as one is discovered and used, another one seems to 'pop' up. I guess they were always there but either ignored or seen as too insignificant to be an actual talent worth cultivating. I find that so often I have seen the talent of others but have found it hard to see value or worth in my own.

    ReplyDelete